I have a recipe that I’m going to share with you. I decided that you are going to make it tonight. You’re going to make it and you’re going to love it.
You will need the following:
|4||Tbs. butter||1||yellow cake mix|
|1||cup brown sugar||1||cup pineapple juice|
|8||pineapple rings||1/3||cup water|
1. Make the cake mix by mixing the eggs, oil, pineapple juice, water, and cake mix together. If it’s not yellow cake then you’re doing it wrong. It’ll say yellow cake on the box. Seriously. You can’t screw that up unless you really really try. Here’s a picture of what it looks like in case you’re really stupid.
|See how mixy it all is? Make it mixy or terrible things will happen to kittens.|
2. Heat the dutch oven over 12 lit charcoal briquettes. Like super hot. Melt the butter in the bottom.
3. Once the butter is all liquid, sprinkle the brown sugar over it. It’s super hard to screw up, so don’t screw it up.
4. Now that the bottom of the pan is prepared, you should cover it with a single layer of pineapple rings. In each ring, you should put a maraschino cherry. Make it pretty, because it’ll come back later.
|See that? It’s pretty. Super pretty. If yours isn’t pretty then you’ll probably die.|
5. To bake, leave the oven over the 12 briquettes of charcoal and place 16 on the top. Make sure to put them up against the edge of the lid as I done did below. Rotate the oven counterclockwise and the lid clockwise 90 degrees every 15 minutes. Repeat for 45 minutes.
|Placing the coals around the edge is crucial.|
6. After 45 minutes, pull the lid off, being careful not to spill the charcoal powder into the cake. It’ll look like my picture below and it’ll smell better than a kitten or something. Test it by poking it with a stick or fork or something. If it’s done, whatever you poked it with should come out clean.
7. Stick a spatula between the cake and the pan to separate them. Turn the whole thing upside-down and get the cake on the lid. It should look nice and caramelly.
|Flipping it over is super complicated so make sure there are two of you and one of you stands on the table.|
|See how chewy and heavenly that looks? Because it is.|
8. Give some to your boss. Tell him he has to eat it without using his hands.
|He’ll be surprised when it’s good.|
9. Serve with some ice cream. Or don’t. I don’t care, I’m not your dad.